Friday, January 6, 2012

Hyun Bin Interview on SBS Midnight TV Entertainment 2011


Hyun Bin Interview on SBS Midnight TV Entertainment 
January 6th, 2011


Q: You seem to look very tired..
A: Yes actually, I haven't gotten much sleep lately.

Q: How much sleep did you get last night?
A: I actually had a longer sleep time last night. I think I slept around 4 hours? That's a lot more than usual. Last week I stayed up 4 nights straight so 4 hours of sleep is pretty golden.

Q: So I hear that "Secret Garden" nabbed a shocking 5 awards in the SBS Drama Awards and you yourself received 5.
A: Yes, I did but besides 'Best Actor' the rest of the awards that I received were all given to me based by the fans choice. They are the ones who voted for the awards, such as the 'Best Romantic Kiss', 'Best Couple', and 'Most Popular.' I think the reality of the awards hit me when I realized that these awards were given to me by the fans.

Q: Since when were you such a great actor? Since last year? (Parody of a drama line: "Gil Ra Im, since when were you such a pretty girl? Since last year?"-Joowon)
A: -laughter-

Q: Have you ever received this many awards before?
A: I don't think I've ever received this many at ones before. I have received 3 or 4 at once but not as many as 5.

-Hyun Bin politely apologizes to the crew and staff for eating sushi/sashimi first before all of them.-



Q: You look like you've lost a lot of weight....
A: Oh, yea I actually did. I lost a bit of weight for the role to look sharper but I think I ended up losing more throughout filming the drama.

Q: When we think of the drama we can't leave out the many popular kiss scenes. Do you remember all of the kiss scenes?
A: Yes of course I remember. There was the 'party kiss', the 'cappuccino foam kiss' where I cleaned the foam off Gil Ra Im's lips, and the 'bench kiss' where we kissed to see if our souls would switch back.

Q: Has there been a drama where you've kissed for a long time/constantly kissed?
A: Yes there has been. I think there were more kiss scenes when I filmed the drama "The World That They Live In."

Q: You seemed to kiss more than a newlywed couple. How does that feel?
A: I think it differs by the situation. Sometimes I actually feel fluttered.

Q: Oh really? You've actually had moments like that?
A: Yes, of course..

Q: What kind of kiss would you say made you flutter?
A: Well, it wasn't an actual kiss scene where our lips met but it was the scene where I was doing sit-ups and my face kept meeting up closely with Ha Jiwon's. It wasn't once but our faces met so close constantly I did feel a little fluttered. I don't think I've done that many sit-ups while feeling that way.

Q: How was it trying to act/portray a female image?
A: Well, it was definitely a bit hard at first. Yes, it was definitely very hard at first. But I think it'd be funny if I said that I know women now but I do think I've come to understand a bit more on how/why women act certain ways.

Q: What was the hardest dialogue or gesture?
A: I think it's the little details that I have to pay attention to in order to portray the character in a better way. For example, the way Gil Ra Im folds her hands when she's sitting. 



Q: Your tracksuits have created quite a wave. It's become very popular. How did you feel when you first saw the tracksuit you had to wear?
A: I laughed when I first saw it.

Q: laughs* Besides laughter did you not want to wear it?
A: Oh no. I didn't think that at all.

Q: You've actually had a series of tracksuits. Out of all of them which one would you say is your favorite?
A: I think the first one wasn't so bad but it was also the one that I wore the most so I am a bit tired of that one. So I think I would say that my favorite is the most recent one (black one with the studs).

Q: So what would you say is your top three dialogues featured in the drama?
A: The third would be "I am ___ person. I am." For example, "I often watch 'Midnight TV Entertainment.' I do."
The second would be "one stitch~one stitch."
And finally my first would be "Is this the best you can do? You sure?" It was the most comfortable dialogue for me but also think it's the line that characterizes Joowon's personality and character.

Q: You'll be enlisted in the army in March this year. How does it feel to await your enlistment?
A: I'm actually not sure about how I feel about it right now because I'm busy shooting the drama and I've been busy so I haven't had much time to prepare or think about that yet. But I think once everything's over the reality of the fact that I'm being enlisted will hit me. I'll be able to go on a self-reflecting and self-discovering journey during the two years I'm in the army. So I kind of look forward to it in a way. I've always been interested in athletics since I was very young so I don't think I'll have a problem with having to run around in the woods or anything like that. 



Q: You'll have to get married when you come back from the army. What type of woman is your ideal?
A: Yes, I should get marry at some point when I come back. Well the woman I'm waiting for is someone who would understand and respect my job as an actor. Because of my job I have an irregular life pattern. And I just want someone to be here for me and to understand that and stay with me. There have been women who seem to understand this part of my life and respect it but I think when they actually have to live the part they aren't able to handle it. So I'm just currently waiting for the woman who can do that for me.

The Closing Statement of Hyun Bin:
"Thank you for your love for the Secret Garden we've been making "one stitch~one stitch" at a time. I also pray and hope you'll have only good events fill your year. I do."





Credit to Secret Garden With Hyun Bin on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment